Do you have examples of previous work?
Yes we do. Head over to our projects area to see a gallery of our work.
Where do you operate?
We primary operate throughout Perth but have done work throughout Western Australia. If you are unsure contact us and we can discuss your requirements.
Who will be constructing our pool?
West Coast Custom Pools is a family owned business, owned and operated by Genevieve & Kynan Bowman. Genevieve has a degree and over 8 years’ experience and will be conducting the design, quote and licensing. Kynan has over 20 years’ experience and will be overseeing and constructing your pool, from excavation to hand over.
Are you a member of SPASA?
Yes, West Coast Custom Pools has been a member of SPASA since 2009
Do you offer warranties?
The structural shell will has a 10 year warranty, which is 4 years more than most other companies. The surface, tiling, header course and plumbing has a 1 year warranty. The equipment has a manufacturer warranty from 2 years to 4 years depending on the final selections.
What is included in my pool quote?
- Site visit
- 3D design, unique to your property and requirements
- All additional steel reinforcement requirements
- SPASA Completion Guarantee
- Engineering details
- Water Corporation approvals
- Certification from licenced Building Surveyor
- Shire Building Permits
- Excavation and removal of dirt
- Backfill with a trench compacting
- Stainless steel flush fitted LED light/s
- Waterline tiling allowance of $60 m2
- Pool coping allowance of $30 l/m
- Quartz plaster finish up to Capri Blue
- High quality skimmer box
- Zodiac superior quality filter, chlorinator and energy efficient pump
- Step treads to all seats and steps
- High quality hand over kit, including manual cleaning products
- Personal hand over explanation and initial water treatment
What is the difference between a fibreglass and a concrete swimming pool/spa?
- Concrete is a sturdy material that will last a lifetime.
- Concrete pools begin with a steel framework and possess a thick layer of concrete that is then plastered and tiled.
- Unlike other materials, concrete swimming pools and spas will not warp or lose their shape.
- Other materials require prefabrication in a factory whereas concrete pools/spas have an endless shape and depth.
- By choosing your own shape/depth as well as plaster colour and tiles or even rock edge, concrete pools offer uniqueness.
- Concrete swimming pools automatically increase the value of your property.
- A residence, boundary wall or water feature can be built directly on top of the concrete pool wall
What is the process once we accept your quote?
- A SPASA contract is signed by both parties
- An invoice for the deposit is issued (6.5% of the contract)
- Engineering plans are obtained
- Water Corp approvals are received
- Certification is obtained from the Building Surveyor
- Shire Building Permit is applied for
- Excavation of the pool
- Formwork is completed
- Concrete sprayed and formed
- Concrete cures
- Plumbing is installed
- Water line tiling, step tread tiles & surrounding headers are completed
- Plant room installed
- Quartz plaster finish is applied
- Pool is filled with water and treated
- Detailed pool hand over completed personally by the company owner
- Your new pool is now ready for your first swim!